Areas of expertise include effective advocacy, strategic planning, and helping boards be more strategic and effective.
Rick Metsger served in the Oregon State Senate from 1999 to 2011. In May 2013, President Barack Obama nominated Rick Metsger to serve on the Board of the National Credit Union Administration. He served as the ninth NCUA Board Chairman from May 1, 2016, through January 22, 2017.
Areas of expertise include:
- Speaking Engagements
- Strategic Planning Sessions
- Helping credit unions develop and implement effective communications strategies for their boards, the press and their members during the merger process or charter changes.
- Effective Advocacy
- How to relate to regulators
- Leading your credit union’s advocates in partnership with the NWCUA
- Implementing successful strategies in your state legislature
Pick Winning Advocacy Issues
- Over the next 1 to 3 years…what can get passed?
Helping Boards to be more Strategic and Effective
- Increasing participation
- What if no one wants to lead the board?
- Increasing diversity
- Board management
- Board education